April 28, 2022
Best Fiends Bites: Miguel Meringue Cookies
Summer is just around the corner, and we’re getting into the spirit with these adorable Miguel Meringue Cookies! Learn how to make these tasty treats yourself by following the recipe below!
Meringue Cookie Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1 1⁄2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blue food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 180°F
2. In a large bowl, separate the egg whites from the yolks of three large eggs. Discard the yolks.
3. Add confectioners sugar to the egg whites, but do not stir yet.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Place the bowl of the egg whites and confectioners sugar over the water to create a double boiler. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Remove the bowl from heat, and continue whisking until the egg whites become bright white.
6. Add the vanilla extract and continue whisking on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
7. Add the blue food coloring and mix into the egg whites until fully incorporated.
8. Prepare two piping bags, one with a large round piping tip and the other with a small round piping tip.
9. Fill each piping bag with the blue meringue mixture.
10. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and use the large piping tip to pipe circles to form Miguel’s body.
11. Use the small piping tip to create smaller shapes around each circle for Miguel’s tentacles and nose.
12. Bake for two hours until the meringues have hardened.
13. Once cooled, use white fondant to create Miguel’s eyes.
14. Use black fondant to create Miguel’s eyebrows and pupils.