April 10, 2020
Best Fiends Bites: Rascal Sweet Potato Pie
Season 4: Episode 4
We all know how cute Chocolate Rascal is, but are you aware of how cute and delicious this Rascal Sweet Potato Pie is!? Whether you’re getting ready for Easter or just craving a tasty treat, this Rascal Sweet Potato Pie has been known to satisfy many in the Best Fiends universe…even Slugs!
Click here to see the Rascal Purple Sweet Potato Pie Recipe or follow the directions below to learn how to make the cutest and tastiest Sweet Potato Pie in all of Minutia and beyond!
– 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
– 1 sheet of pre-made pie dough
– 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
– 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
– 3⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
– 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3⁄4 cup milk
For Whipped Cream:
– 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1 1⁄2 tsp maple syrup
– Pinch of salt
– Crushed Pie Crust
– Pink Fondant
– Black Fondant
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap two medium-sized, washed sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake the sweet potatoes for 1 1⁄2 to 2 hours, or until soft.
- Let the sweet potatoes rest overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F again.
- Place pre-made pie dough onto a rectangular baking sheet. Fit the pie dough to the mold, and cut the excess dough from the edges.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the pie dough. Cover the dough with parchment paper, and then place pie weights or dried chickpeas over the parchment paper.
- Bake until the pastry turns to a light golden brown.
- Remove the parchment paper and pie weights or dried chickpeas. Cut the excess crust from the edges, and set aside for later.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the sweet potatoes.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into small pieces.
- In a blender, combine the sweet potato pieces, heavy cream, brown sugar, eggs, unsalted butter, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla extract. Blend, also adding the milk a little at a time, until the mixture achieves a pudding-like consistency.
- Pour the blended mixture over the baked pie crust.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Let the pie cool at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, and salt. Beat until whipped.
- Crush the excess pie crust set aside earlier into a fine texture.
- Cut the shape of Rascal out of the cooled pie set aside earlier.
- Use the crushed pie crust to create Rascal’s inner ears, feet, and chin.
- Use the whipped cream to create Rascal’s eyes and teeth.
- Use black fondant to create Rascal’s pupils and whiskers.
- Use pink fondant to create Rascal’s nose.