January 1, 2021
Eleanor Breakfast Pastries!
Are you a fan of Eleanor!? If the answer is yes, then you’ll absolutely love this new episode of Best Fiends BITES! This episode will show you how to properly start your day by teaching you how to make Eleanor Breakfast Pastries!
Click here to see the Eleanor Breakfast Pastries or follow the directions below to learn how to make these adorable and delectable pastries!
Recipe for Eleanor Breakfast Pastries
1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup cornstarch
1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
1⁄8 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp cold butter
1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp whipping cream
1⁄4 cup blueberry jam
3⁄4 cup additional confectioners sugar 4-6 tsp cold water
1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄8 tbsp blue food coloring
1⁄4 tsp blue food coloring Blue fondant
1. Add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and 1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt in a food processor. Blend for 10 seconds.
2. Divide the butter into 8 pieces, then add to the dry mixture. Pulse 4 to 5 times until the mixture looks coarsely ground.
3. Add the whipping cream to the mixture. Process 30 to 60 seconds until the dough comes together.
4. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead until the dough comes together into a smooth ball.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F
6. Add additional flour to the surface and the top of the dough ball. Roll the dough out until it’s 1⁄8-inch thick. Make sure it’s not sticking to the surface!
7. Cut six 2-inch circles, and save the remaining dough for later. Place the circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Spoon 2 tsp of blueberry jam into the center of half of the circles, leaving a 1⁄2-inch border.
9. Cover each pastry with one of the remaining dough circles. Use a fork to close the edges.
10. Use the remaining dough set aside earlier to create three smaller circles.
11. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden around the edges.
12. Transfer the pastries to a wire rack and cool completely.
13. In a medium bowl, combine 3⁄4 cup additional confectioners sugar, water, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
14. Divide the icing evenly between 2 bowls.
15. In one bowl, add 1⁄8 tbsp blue food coloring. Mix well until combined.
16. In the other bowl, add 1⁄4 tsp blue food coloring. Mix well until combined.
17. Bring back the cooled breakfast pastries. Draw a half moon shape on the pastries using the darkest blue icing.
18. Place the small baked circles over the top of the breakfast pastries. Carefully pour the light blue icing over the small circles to create Eleanor’s head.
19. Use blue fondant to create Eleanor’s nose.
20. Use white fondant to create Eleanor’s eyeballs & spots.
21. Use black fondant to create Eleanor’s pupils & eyelashes.
22. Use brown fondant to create Eleanor’s antennae & legs.