July 16, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Pearl Ice Cream Sandwich
What’s dreamier than an ice cream sandwich shaped like Pearl? NOTHING! In this episode of Best Fiends Bites, we’re learning how to make a tasty dessert that’s almost too cute to eat! Watch now to learn how to make this adorable dessert that will leave you feeling cool on these hot summer days! Recipe below!
Pearl Ice Cream Sandwich Instructions:
Ice Cream Sandwich Ingredients:
1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup hot water
Blue food coloring
3 scoops of ice cream (any flavor)
1 cup white candy melts
1. In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. Whisk until combined.
2. Add the egg, then whisk until combined.
3. Add the wheat flour and hot water. Whisk until smooth.
4. Add the blue food coloring, and stir until evenly distributed.
5. Pour one cup of batter into the waffle cone maker. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from the waffle cone maker.
6. Before the waffle cone base hardens, cut out Pearl’s top shape. Repeat the process for Pearl’s bottom shape, then set both shapes aside.
7. Microwave candy melts for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat until smooth.
8. Fill a piping bag with the melted candy melts.
9. Bring back Pearl’s top shape. Pipe the candy melts to draw Pearl’s belly and outline her fins.
10. Use blue fondant to create Pearl’s face.
11. Use white fondant to create Pearl’s eyes.
12. Use black fondant to create Pearl’s eyebrows.
13. Use purple fondant to create Pearl’s pupils.
14. Bring back Pearl’s bottom shape. Distribute three ice cream balls across the bottom shape.
15. Place the decorated shape on top to create an ice cream sandwich.