October 8, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Maple White Chocolate Truffles
What’s cuter than the adorable Maple? Maple White Chocolate Truffles! Learn how to make this super tasty and impressive dessert by tuning into this episode of Best Fiends Bites! Recipe below!
1 cup white chocolate, chopped
5 tbsp butter
3 tbsp heavy cream
Pinch of salt
1⁄8 tsp pink food coloring
1 1⁄2 cups white candy melts
1 additional cup room temperature butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/16 tsp yellow food coloring
1. In a large bowl, combine white chocolate, 5 tbsp butter, heavy cream, salt, and pink food coloring. Microwave in :30 intervals and stir until smooth.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Once chilled, use a spoon to scoop out 1 1⁄2 inch balls of the white chocolate mixture.
4. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and roll each portion between the palms of your hands to form the truffles. Set the formed truffles aside in the refrigerator.
5. In a medium bowl, microwave the candy melts in :30 intervals and stir until smooth.
6. Dip the pink truffles halfway into the melted candy melts. Place on parchment paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until the white coating has hardened.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 additional cup of room temperature butter until creamy.
8. Whisk in confectioners sugar little by little, until you reach a thick, ice cream-like consistency.
9. Add the yellow food coloring and whisk until combined.
10. Transfer the yellow frosting to a piping bag. Pipe frosting around the top of the truffles to create Maple’s hair.
11. Use white fondant to create Maple’s eyes.
12. Use black fondant to create Maple’s pupils and eyelashes.
13. Use brown fondant to create Maple’s eyebrows.
14. Use beige fondant to create Maple’s nose.