September 10, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Beth Coconut Balls
We hope you left room for dessert because Best Fiends Bites is here with a tasty new recipe! Meet Beth, a Best Fiends Stars exclusive! In this episode, we’re turning this adorable bee fly into tasty coconut balls! Watch this episode now to learn how to make your new favorite dessert! Recipe below!
3 cups coconut flakes
1 cup almond flour
3⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄4 cup coconut milk
Yellow food coloring
1 cup additional coconut flakes
1⁄3 cup dark chocolate White fondant
Edible rice paper
1. In a food processor, combine 3 cups coconut flakes, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut milk, and yellow food coloring. Process until dough is formed.
2. Split the dough into 8 equal parts.
3. Dampen your hands with water and roll each portion into a ball.
4. Roll each ball in 1 cup of additional coconut flakes.
5. Chill the coconut balls in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, microwave dark chocolate in 15-second intervals until melted.
7. Transfer the melted chocolate into a piping bag.
8. On a piece of parchment paper, pipe simple leg, arm, and nose shapes. Allow shapes to harden for 30 minutes.
9. Use white fondant to create Beth’s eyes and teeth.
10. Use black fondant to create Beth’s pupils and mouth.
11. Use red fondant to create Beth’s eyebrows and tongue.
12. Arrange the chocolate shapes around each coconut ball to create Beth’s legs, arms, and nose.
13. Cut wing shapes from the edible rice paper, then arrange around each coconut ball to create Beth’s wings.