August 27, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Berry Blue Lime Tart
Best Fiends Bites is back with another adorable recipe! Meet Berry, one of Best Fiends Stars‘ favorite Fiends! In this episode, we’re turning Berry into a yummy and tangy dessert! What more could you ask for? Watch now to learn how to make this fun dessert! Recipe below!
Berry Blue Lime Tart
Tart Crust Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
4 oz cold coconut oil
1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cold soy milk
Tart Filling Ingredients:
1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
1 cup soy milk
1 tbsp lime zest
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp agar powder
1⁄2 cup maple syrup
1 cup lime juice
1 1⁄2 cups water
1 tsp butterfly pea flowers
1⁄2 tsp agar powder
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, combine the all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, cold coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cold soy milk. Process until a dough ball forms.
3. Remove the dough ball from the processor and let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Then roll the dough to 1⁄4-inch thickness.
5. Cut 5-inch circles and 6-inch sticks from the dough sheet.
6. Place the dough circles in 6 lightly-greased tartlet pans and the dough sticks on a separate baking pan.
7. Bake the tartlet crusts & sticks for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
8. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk, soy milk, and lime zest. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
9. Add cornstarch and agar powder one at a time, whisking constantly. Whisk until the agar powder is completely dissolved.
10. Next add maple syrup and lime juice one at a time, whisking constantly.
11. Allow the mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
12. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a clean bowl, then let cool for 5 minutes.
13. After 5 minutes, pour the lime mixture evenly into the tartlet shells. Then place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
14. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and butterfly pea flowers, then bring to a boil.
15. Add agar powder, and whisk constantly until the agar powder has dissolved.
16. Whisk in the maple syrup, and allow the mixture to boil for 30 seconds. Then remove from heat & let cool for 10 minutes.
17. After 10 minutes strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a clean bowl. Then let cool for 5 minutes.
18. Remove the set tartlets from the fridge.
19. Pour 1⁄8 cup of the butterfly pea mixture onto a plate to create a jelly sheet.
20. Set the plate aside, and pour the remaining butterfly pea mixture evenly over the set tartlet fillings.
21. Place the tartlets & jelly sheet into the fridge for another 4 hours to set.
22. After 4 hours, use white fondant to create Berry’s eyes & teeth.
23. Use black fondant to create Berry’s pupils & eyelashes.
24. Use blue-violet fondant to create Berry’s nose.
25. Use brown fondant to create Berry’s antennae and mouth.
26. Bring back the jelly sheet & tartlet sticks. Cut wing shapes from the jelly sheet, and break the sticks into several pieces.
27. Position the jelly wings next to the tartlet.
28. Arrange the broken tartlet stick pieces to create Berry’s arms & legs.