February 17, 2020
5 Questions With… Helena Tielinen
5 Questions with Helena Tielinen
1. Where were you/what did you do before working at Seriously?
Before Seriously I worked at EA Tracktwenty in Helsinki, and before that at Rovio like many others in the company.
2. What is your current role at Seriously?
I am a Senior UI Artist on the Best Fiends STARS team. My daily work consists mostly of creating pretty art related to the user interfaces (pop ups, buttons, etc.) and making sure the game is easy and intuitive to use.
3. What’s your favorite part about your job?
Seeing the concrete results of my work in the game always feels really rewarding. I also enjoy the versatility of the tasks I can do during an update: I can paint, play around with particles and animations, and I also get to work on the technical side of things and do problem solving.
4. Who is your favorite Fiend or Slug and why?
For some reason Kwincy! He’s just cute and creepy at the same time with all the blinking eyes.
5. When you are not working at Seriously or playing Best Fiends, what do you enjoy doing?
I’ve had this ongoing inspiration of knitting for quite a while, I just finished a scarf and a pair of socks and then directly started working on a cardigan. Besides that I like cooking and baking, watching movies, and going on long walks in the forest with our dog.