July 30, 2018
5 Questions With…Tero Mäntylä
5 Questions with Tero Mäntylä
1. Where were you/what did you do before working at Seriously?
Before I joined Seriously, I was a programmer for several different projects. I was developing project management tools for a more traditional software company, creating mobile games for both smart and “not so smart” phones, programming browser based games, and also developing cloud technologies.
2. What is your current role at Seriously?
I’m a Senior Game Programmer focusing mostly on server-side features, such as updating leaderboards and cloud saves.
3. What’s your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part of my job is when we release new content to fans. It’s extremely rewarding getting to see players explore new features and have fun playing our game.
4. Who is your favorite Fiend or Slug and why?
I’d have to say that my favorite Slugs are all of the Slugs that are a part of Minutia’s Most Wanted event. I really like all of the Bandit Slugs and their funny outfits.
5. When you are not working at Seriously or playing Best Fiends, what do you enjoy doing?
I’m passionate about creating as well as immersing myself in stories. In fact, I’ve gotten into a habit of trying to write a novel every November. I also take the time to write and draw comics. Sometimes I even get invested in tabletop role-playing games, like Dungeons and Dragons.