December 4, 2020
Whisper Cream Puffs!
WHISPER CREAM PUFFS! Need we say more? These delicious desserts are guaranteed to be your next party’s showstopper! Watch this episode of Best Fiends BITES to learn how to make your new favorite dessert.
Recipe is below and also HERE: Whisper Cream Puffs Recipe
RECIPE for Whisper Cream Puffs:
Cream Puff Shell Ingredients:
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter 1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 cup milk
2 tbsp granulated sugar 1 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour 4 eggs
1 additional egg, beaten
Cream Puff Filling Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp yellow food coloring
Light blue fondant
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Over high heat, combine unsalted butter, water, milk, granulated sugar, and salt in a medium pot. When the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat.
3. Immediately add the all-purpose flour, stirring constantly until a ball forms.
4. Heat the dough again for 30 seconds, and stir.
5. After 30 seconds, remove the dough from the heat. Stir in 4 eggs, adding one at a time, until well incorporated and the dough is thick and glossy.
6. Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a round tip.
7. Pipe 2-inch circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Beat 1 additional egg, and apply some of the egg on the top of each dough circle, pressing lightly with your finger.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Then bake for 20 minutes more, until the puffs are golden brown.
10. Allow the puffs to rest until cool enough to handle.
11. Cut off the tops of the puffs, then let them cool completely.
12. In a separate bowl, whisk heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and yellow food coloring until a whipped cream texture forms.
13. Transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag. Then pipe whipped cream into the puffs until they are completely filled.
14. Use white fondant to create Whisper’s eyeballs and teeth, blue fondant to create Whisper’s pupils, black fondant to create Whisper’s eyelashes and antennae, pink fondant to create Whisper’s mouth, and light blue fondant to create Whisper’s wings.