August 6, 2021
JoJo Evolution Cupcakes!
What’s better than JoJo cupcakes? THREE JoJo cupcakes in her various evolutions! She is one of the fiercest Fiends and we celebrate her with this tasty recipe! Watch this adorable episode of Fiendish as Pankobunny walks you through the steps to make another delicious dessert!
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
5 cups confectioner’s sugar
Orange, red, yellow, blue, black, and red food coloring
Bake the cake:
1. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, mixing with each addition.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the batter in 2 additions, alternating with the sour cream.
3. Spoon the batter into 2 cupcake pans. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
Make the buttercream:
1. Beat the butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time, beating with each addition.
2. Dye the buttercream the appropriate colors for the stage of cupcake you’d like to make.
Make stage 1:
1. Spread some orange buttercream onto the entire surface of the cupcake.
2. Place the remaining orange buttercream into a piping bag and pipe Jojo’s rolls onto the cupcake.
3. Pipe Jojo’s eyes with the black and white buttercream.
4. Pipe Jojo’s lips and mouth with orange and red buttercream. Add teeth with some white buttercream.
5. Pipe little blue spots onto Jojo’s back and tiny red feet onto Jojo’s rolls.
Make stage 2:
1. Spread some yellow buttercream onto the entire surface of the cupcake.
2. Place the remaining yellow buttercream into a piping bag and pipe a yellow cap onto 2/3 of the cupcake. Smooth with a knife.
3. Pipe Jojo’s eyes and teeth with the white and black buttercream.
4. Use a narrow piping tip to pipe Jojo’s antennae with the red buttercream.
Make stage 3:
1. Spread some red and yellow frosting onto the surface of a cupcake, creating the backdrop for the wing.
2. Pipe black buttercream on top, creating the details of the wing.
3. Create Jojo’s head with some yellow buttercream and her eyes with black and white buttercream.
4. Create her tiny mouth and teeth with red and white buttercream, then her antennae with more red buttercream.