December 17, 2020
DIY with Best Fiends: Actual Gift Box Bob
It’s the most festive time of year and we’re here for all the cheer! Watch the first episode of Season 2 of DIY with Best Fiends and learn how to make your very own Gift Box Bob! Literally! So if you want this festive character to adorn your house IRL, follow the steps below!
GIFT BOX BOB INSTRUCTIONS:
List of supplies:
- Gift box, with lid
- Acrylic paints (red and black)
- Craft wire
- Felt (white, black, olive green)
- Wide ribbon (green)
- Scissors and hot glue
1. First thing you’ll want to do is to paint the gift box red to match Gift Box Bob’s festive color. If you managed to find a red gift box, that’s even better!
2. While the paint is drying, cut out the pieces of craft wire that you’ll use to shape into Bob’s six legs and the dome shape of Bob’s face. (Exact craft wire lengths can be found in the template PDF)
3. Once you have the legs and face shaped, it’s time to hot-glue pieces of your black and green felt on to the wire structure. Cut out the individual felt pieces and glue the black felt to the legs and the green felt to the face. And don’t forget to glue on his eyes, eyebrows and teeth! Be extra careful here, your hot glue gun can heat up the craft wire while you’re using it.
4. Now that your red paint is dry, go ahead and paint on Bob’s signature black spots.
5. Once these spots have dried, it’s time for assembly! Take your wide green ribbon and hot-glue it onto the sides of the box. Then glue on a longer piece for the bow on top.
6. Lastly, go ahead and hot-glue the legs and face directly to the box. And you’re done!