May 14, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Wilbur Key Lime Pound Cake
I hope you left room for dessert because Best Fiends Bites is here with a new mouth-watering recipe! In this episode, learn how to make Wilbur Key Lime Pound Cake! This tangy and delicious dessert is the perfect post-BBQ treat that will satisfy your taste buds!
Watch this episode of Best Fiends Bites to learn how to make this adorable dessert! Recipe below!
Wilbur Key Lime Pound Cake
Pound Cake Ingredients:
3⁄4 cup buttermilk
1⁄3 cup key lime juice
1 cup melted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs (room temperature)
3 1⁄4 cups + 1 pinch of flour
1 1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
Green food coloring
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
Green food coloring
Light green fondant
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk & lime juice, then set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter & sugar, until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs to the butter & sugar mixture, and whisk to combine. Then set aside.
5. In a separate large bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Stir until well combined.
6. Bring back the butter, sugar & egg mixture. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture,
along with one additional pinch of flour.
7. Then bring back the buttermilk & lime juice mixture, and add to the flour/sugar mixture,
along with 1⁄4 cup of additional flour.
8. Add green food coloring to the mixture, then stir until combined.
9. Spoon the batter into a lightly greased & floured baking pan.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes, then remove from oven.
11. Let the pound cake rest in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack and let
cool completely to room temperature.
12. While the cake cools, combine powdered sugar, lime juice, and green food coloring in a
medium bowl. Stir until you get a thick, glaze consistency. Then set aside.
13. Once the cake has cooled, cut it into 1-inch slices. Then cut a round shape from the inside of each cake slice, leaving you with a circle.
14. Add a small amount of glaze to the bottom of each cake circle to create Wilbur’s face.
15. Use white fondant to create Wilbur’s eyes & teeth.
16. Use black fondant to create Wilbur’s pupils.
17. Use light green to create Wilbur’s nose.
18. Use brown fondant to create Wilbur’s antennae & legs.