April 21, 2022
Best Fiends Bites: Vincent Stuffed Dates
A NEW episode of Best Fiends Bites is here and it features Minutia’s favorite moth, Vincent! Learn how to make adorable and tasty Vincent Stuffed Dates by tuning in now! Recipe Below!
Stuffed Date Ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1⁄3 cup additional unsweetened shredded coconut
4 Medjool dates
2 pre-roasted almonds
1⁄2 cup pink candy melts
1⁄2 cup chocolate chunks
Light brown fondant
1. In a food processor, combine 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut with the vanilla extract for 10 minutes until creamy butter forms.
2. Transfer the coconut butter to a bowl and combine with 1⁄3 cup of additional unsweetened shredded coconut. Mix until combined, then set aside.
3. On a separate cutting board, use a knife to pit the Medjool dates. Discard the pits.
4. Bring back the coconut butter mixture and 2 pre-roasted almonds. Fill one date with the coconut butter mixture.
5. Place one almond in the stuffed date and arrange the other one beneath the date.
6. In a small bowl, microwave the pink candy melts in 15-second intervals and stir until smooth.
7. Cover the stuffed date and additional almond with the candy melts.
8. Flip the other three dates over and flatten. Cut out two wing shapes and one nose shape from the flattened dates.
9. In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chunks in 15-second intervals and stir until smooth.
10. Cover the wing and nose shapes with melted chocolate.
11. Arrange the body, wing, and nose shapes together.
12. Arrange four blueberries under Vincent’s head to form his body.
13. Use white fondant to create Vincent’s eyes.
14. Use black fondant to create Vincent’s pupils.
15. Use pink fondant to create Vincent’s arms and legs.
16. Use light brown fondant to create Vincent’s wing details and antennae.