April 23, 2021
Best Fiends Bites: Dina Matcha Churros
Best Fiends Bites is back with another fun and delicious recipe! In this episode, you’ll learn how to make churros! What’s better than churros? MATCHA churros shaped like Dina! This fierce Fiend is the perfect show-stopping dessert for any occasion! Watch this episode of Best Fiends Bites to learn how to make these mouth-watering treats. Recipe below!
Dina Matcha Churros Recipe
2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour 3⁄4 tbsp matcha green tea Pinch of salt
1⁄4 cup butter
3⁄4 cup water
2 cups of vegetable oil (for frying)
1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
3⁄4 tbsp additional matcha green tea Green fondant
Dark chocolate sprinkles
Dark chocolate syrup
1. In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, matcha green tea & salt, then mix to combine.
2. In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine butter and water. Stir until the mixture
comes to a boil, then remove from heat.
3. Pour the melted butter over the flour mixture, and mix until combined.
4. Cover the large bowl with plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Transfer the dough to a piping bag with a star tip.
6. In a medium pan, heat vegetable oil to 365°F.
7. Pipe 6-inch long churros in the hot oil. Use clean scissors to cut the piped dough after 6 inches.
8. Fry the churros, moving them constantly until golden. Then remove the churros from the oil, and place them over paper towels on a clean plate.
9. In a small bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat until smooth.
10. Separate 2 tbsp of the melted white chocolate into a smaller bowl and set aside.
11. In the larger bowl, stir 3⁄4 tbsp additional matcha green tea into the melted white chocolate until combined.
12. Place the churros on a cooling rack, then pour the matcha/white chocolate mixture evenly over the top of them. Let cool completely.
13. Using the 2 tbsp of melted white chocolate you set aside earlier, draw a long line of white chocolate along the churro.
14. Use green fondant to create Dina’s face & legs.
15. Use red fondant to create Dina’s horns & mouth.
16. Use white fondant to create Dina’s eyeballs & teeth.
17. Use black fondant to create Dina’s pupils & eyelashes.
18. Use dark chocolate sprinkles to create Dina’s spikes.
19. Use dark chocolate syrup to draw horizontal body lines across the churro.