March 29, 2022
Best Fiends Bites: CiCi Ube Cheesecake Bars
Celebrate CiCi with a fabulous new episode of Best Fiends Bites! Learn how to make these delicious CiCi Ube Cheesecake Bars that are almost more impressive than CiCi herself! ALMOST… she’s pretty hard to top! Recipe Below!
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup ube jam
1 tbsp ube extract
1 tbsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp additional granulated sugar
1 additional large egg
Light purple fondant
Dark purple fondant
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, and 2 eggs until combined.
3. Add the all-purpose flour, ube jam, ube extract, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour the cake batter into a baking pan and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of additional granulated sugar, and 1 additional egg. Whisk until well combined.
6. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheesecake portion is golden brown.
8. Let the cake cool, then cut in half.
9. Flip one half of the cake over so that the ube portion is facing up.
10. Cut out CiCi’s silhouette from the purple half.
11. Cut out wing shapes from the other half.
12. Position the wing shapes next to the silhouette shape.
13. Use light purple fondant to create CiCi’s face and feather boa.
14. Use white fondant to create CiCi’s eyes, teeth, and necklace.
15. Use black fondant to create CiCi’s pupils, mouth, arms, eyebrows, and antennae.
16. Use dark purple fondant to create the top of CiCi’s dress.