June 10, 2019
5 Questions With…Jan Ishii
1. Where were you/what did you do before working at Seriously?
I was a professional stylist for more than a decade before I entered the games industry. My career in games started with Rovio, where I had the privilege of working as a QA Lead on a little game called Angry Birds.
2. What is your current role at Seriously?
I work as a QA/Game Tester on Best Fiends features. Working on the feature-side is important because we test all new feature implementations. We make sure the game works well on all platforms so our players will have the best possible gaming experience each time they log in to our beloved game.
3. What’s your favorite part about your job?
It’s hard to point out one or two of my favorite things about working at Seriously. To be honest I just love the work I’m doing!
4. Who is your favorite Fiend or Slug and why?
Captain Slug, hands down… Yaarrrrrrrr!!!
5. When you are not working at Seriously or playing Best Fiends, what do you enjoy doing?
I enjoy spending my free time with my family, playing computer games, hanging out with friends, watching esports on Twitch and supporting Southampton FC!