April 8, 2019
5 Questions With…Brian Ru
5 Questions with Brian Ru
1. Where were you/what did you do before working at Seriously?
Prior to joining Seriously, I worked in growth equity investing and advisory at The Raine Group in New York where I focused on podcasting, gaming, and other tech-enabled media. Years ago, I worked at Microsoft on the Xbox Strategy and M&A team.
2. What is your current role at Seriously?
As the Director of Strategy & Business Operations, I support our management team and work with our product, marketing, data science, and finance teams to build key growth initiatives for the company. This means that I spend a lot of my time working on Excel models and Keynote presentations.
3. What’s your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part of my job is playing other games for competitive “research.”
4. Who is your favorite Fiend or Slug and why?
Ru the Panda Ant! Besides having the best name, she also has one of the best powers in the game.
5. When you are not working at Seriously or playing Best Fiends, what do you enjoy doing?
I ran out of pages on my last passport but still have a long list of countries I hope to visit. I’ve also developed a healthy love of motorcycles and, despite many hours and lessons, remain a mediocre golfer.