November 5, 2018
5 Questions With…Antti Lax
5 Questions with Antti Lax
1. Where were you/what did you do before working at Seriously?
Before I started working at Seriously, I was a Co-Founder and Game Designer at a company called Zaibatsu Interactive while I was living in Jyväskylä, Finland. I eventually moved to Helsinki to work at PlayRaven as a Level Designer and later found my way to Seriously.
2. What is your current role at Seriously?
I am a Level Designer for Best Fiends. I create new levels and design new gameplay mechanics for our players to enjoy. Sometimes I even go back to previous levels to tweak them to make sure they are still fun.
3. What’s your favorite part about your job?
I love coming up with new ways to challenge our players, especially when I can use existing gameplay mechanics in a new and exciting way.
4. Who is your favorite Fiend or Slug and why?
Bo is without a doubt my favorite Fiend, not just for the adorable design, but also because he’s technically a Slug! Maybe there are some Slugs out there that are not all bad afterall?
5. When you are not working at Seriously or playing Best Fiends, what do you enjoy doing?
I really enjoy role playing games and board games. They’re both a great way to spend time with friends and tell compelling stories. I also enjoy reading and sometimes I’ll even write short stories or poems.